All-On-4 Implants in Los Angeles
The All-On-4 dental implant system is a revolutionary dental procedure that provides patients with a full set of teeth using only four dental implants.
This procedure is designed to replace a complete arch of teeth in either the upper or lower jaw, or both, and offers patients a more comfortable, natural-looking, and long-lasting solution compared to traditional dentures.
For those missing most teeth and wanting a durable, natural-looking smile restoration, the All-On-4 dental implant system is worth considering.
With this procedure, you can regain the confidence to eat, speak, and smile without worrying about the discomfort or embarrassment of traditional dentures.
What are the benefits of All-On-4?
The All-On-4 surgery provides patients with a permanent and natural-looking solution to restore their smile. Patients can regain their ability to eat, speak, and smile with confidence and comfort.
Benefits of All-On-4 Surgery include:
- Provides a complete set of teeth using only four dental implants
- Offers a more comfortable and natural-looking solution compared to traditional dentures
- Maximizes the amount of available bone for implant placement
- Reduces treatment time compared to traditional implant procedures
- Lower cost compared to traditional implant procedures
- Shorter recovery period compared to traditional implant procedures
- Can be performed under local anesthesia, sedation or general anesthesia
- Allows for immediate placement of a temporary set of teeth on the same day as the surgery
- Offers long-lasting results that improve the patient’s quality of life, confidence, and self-esteem
The All-On-4 dental implant system is a procedure that allows a patient to have a complete set of teeth implanted onto four dental implants.
It is a minimally invasive procedure that can be used to replace either the upper or lower arch of teeth or both. The implants are strategically placed at angles to ensure that they can support the entire arch of teeth.
Am I a good candidate for All-On-4?
The ideal candidate for the All-On-4 surgery is someone who has lost most or all of their teeth. The patient’s gums and jawbone must be healthy enough to support the implants. Images via X-ray may be taken to assess the quality and quantity of the bone in the jaw.
Additionally, your general health must be considered. Certain medical conditions, such as uncontrolled diabetes or autoimmune diseases, may increase the risk of complications during or after the surgery.
Your expectations and goals must also be taken into account. It is essential to discuss your lifestyle, daily habits, and preferences to determine if the All-On-4 surgery is the right choice for you.
What happens during All-On-4 surgery?
The All-On-4 surgery is typically performed under local anesthesia, but sedation or general anesthesia may also be used depending on the patient’s needs and preferences.
During the procedure, four dental implants are placed in the jawbone. Two implants are placed at an angle in the back of the jaw and two implants are placed vertically in the front of the jaw. This positioning maximizes the amount of available bone and allows for the implants to remain secure.
Once the implants are placed, a temporary set of teeth is attached to the implants. This allows the patient to leave the office with a full set of teeth on the same day as the surgery.
What's the recovery time for All-On-4 surgery?
The recovery time for All-On-4 surgery can vary from patient to patient. Generally, patients will experience some swelling and discomfort for the first few days after the surgery.
After a few months, the implants will have fully integrated with the bone in the jaw, and the temporary set of teeth will be replaced with a permanent set.
Once the permanent set of teeth is in place, patients can resume a regular diet and normal oral hygiene.
What can I eat & drink after All-On-4 surgery?
Here are some general guidelines for what you can eat and drink after the procedure:
- For the first 24 hours after surgery, stick to a liquid diet. You can consume water, broth, clear fruit juice, or smoothies.
- After the first 24 hours, you can start adding soft foods to your diet, such as mashed potatoes, cooked vegetables, and scrambled eggs.
- Avoid hard and crunchy foods, such as nuts, popcorn, and raw vegetables, as they can irritate the surgical site and delay healing.
- Avoid hot and spicy foods, as well as alcohol and tobacco, as they can increase inflammation and delay healing.
- It is important to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and avoiding sugary drinks.
It is important to follow the specific instructions provided by your oral surgeon regarding your post-surgery diet. They may have additional recommendations based on your individual needs and situation.
Why choose Los Angeles Oral Surgeons?
At Los Angeles Oral Surgeons, potential patients can trust our highly skilled and experienced team to perform their All-On-4 surgery with precision and care.
We offer the All-On-4 Surgery in Los Angeles at our state-of-the-art facility, offering the latest in dental implant technology.
By choosing us, patients benefit from our commitment to personalized attention, safety, and comfort.
We make your journey to a confident and beautiful smile as smooth as possible.