Wisdom teeth extraction in Los Angeles is a common surgical procedure designed to remove one or more impacted wisdom teeth.
These permanent teeth are located at the back corners of your mouth. If you are experiencing painful toothache, chronic headache, or infections due to impacted wisdom teeth, our board-certified oral surgeon can perform a surgical procedure to remove them.
Why Should I Pull My Wisdom Teeth?
We may recommend wisdom teeth extraction for the following reasons:
- Impacted wisdom teeth causing pain or discomfort
- Gum disease affecting the wisdom teeth
- Overcrowding of the teeth
- Tooth decay or cavity on the erupted wisdom teeth
- Misalignment of the wisdom teeth
- Difficulties with eating and biting
How Does the Procedure Work?
The complexity of the procedure will determine the type of anesthesia used. The following are the anesthesia options available:
- Local anesthesia: Our oral surgeon will apply a substance on your gums to numb them, and you will be partly awake during the surgical operation.
- Sedation: This type of anesthesia will make you partially unconscious, and you will experience a limited loss of memory. Local anesthesia will also be used to numb your gums.
- General anesthesia: You will inhale medication that will make you completely unconscious. The process is pain-free, although you will lose your memory during the procedure.
During the wisdom teeth extraction procedure, our oral surgeon will:
- Use incisions to access the wisdom teeth
- Pull out the bone that limits access to the tooth root
- Divide the teeth into sections to ease removal
- Thoroughly clean the extraction site
- Stitch the wound for faster healing
- Place veils over the extraction site to control bleeding
You may read more about Wisdom Teeth Extraction at MayoClinic.
What are the Costs?
The surgical procedure to remove a single impacted tooth ranges from $300 to $800 per tooth on average.
However, we offer affordable rates ranging from $200 to $595, depending on factors such as the severity of the case, dental insurance, and the cost of living in the area.
We accept most insurance plans and offer payment plans and discounts.
What are the Benefits of Pulling Your Wisdom Teeth?
Wisdom teeth extraction can provide several benefits, including:
- Improved chewing and biting of food
- Improved speech
- Improved overall oral appearance
- Reduced risk of oral diseases
- Less pain in the oral-facial region
- Reduced severe toothaches and headaches
Limitations of Wisdom Teeth Extraction in Los Angeles
There are some limitations and risks associated with wisdom teeth extraction, including:
- Swelling of the gums for an extended period after the procedure
- Damage to other dental works such as crowns
- Profuse bleeding from the gums for a day or so
If you are experiencing pain or discomfort due to impacted wisdom teeth, consult Los Angeles Oral Surgeons to discuss your individual case and the appropriate anesthesia options. While there are some limitations and risks associated with wisdom teeth extraction, the benefits outweigh them. We offer pain-free procedures and affordable rates for wisdom teeth extraction in Los Angeles. Most insurance plans are accepted and payment plans are available.
Contact us or call (323) 612-1201 today for an easy consultation.