Tooth implants, commonly referred to as dental implants, are surgical components that are interfaced with the jawbone in support of a dental prosthesis such as a crown, bridge, or dentures.
Our surgeons at Los Angeles Oral Surgeons conduct the placing of dental implants in Los Angeles to candidates who have good overall oral health. Additionally, our surgeons will recommend implants when a patient needs dentures or when crowns arise.
Table of Contents
Examination for Dental Implants in Los Angeles
At Los Angeles Oral Surgeons, we conduct a comprehensive physical examination and review of your oral health to determine if you are a suitable candidate for tooth implants in Los Angeles.
If our team identifies any underlying conditions that may complicate the procedure, we will advise you on alternative treatment options. Jaw injury, gum disease, or nerve damage are a few reasons you may need other options.
We strive to provide the best possible care for our patients so they can achieve their desired outcome.
The Ideal Candidate for Dental Implants in Los Angeles
If you have any of the following symptoms, you may be the ideal candidate for dental implants:
- Missing teeth.
- Difficulty chewing.
- Speech difficulties.
- Tooth loss.
- Biting issues.
- Widened gaps between teeth.
- Severely cracked teeth.
- Eroded teeth.
- Severe tooth decay.
- Root canal.
Types of Dental Implants in Los Angeles
There are two main types of dental implants. They are:
- Endosteal tooth implants – These implants are placed inside the jawbone and are made of titanium. Most dentists use these tooth implants because they have a long term durability effect.
- Subperiosteal tooth implants – These implants are placed under or on the jawbone. Our surgeons at Los Angeles Oral Surgeons may recommend these tooth implants to patients who are unwilling to undergo bone augmentation.
Medication Used for Dental Implants in Los Angeles
Our surgeons at Los Angeles Oral Surgeons typically administer anesthesia to ensure that our patients experience comfortable and pain-free procedures. The type of anesthesia we use depends on the severity of each patient’s case. When dealing with complex issues, such as a root canal, general anesthesia may be used while sedation is more likely in less complicated situations. Anesthesia is also commonly used for those who suffer from dental phobia or anxiety. In some cases where the patient has a high tolerance for pain, local anesthesia may be suitable. Aspirin may also be administered in order to reduce discomfort during treatment.
Treatment of Dental Implants in Los Angeles
Highly advanced 3D digital imaging devices are being used with increasing frequency in implant procedures. Here at Los Angeles Oral Surgeons, we can employ these tools to perform a thorough analysis of the anatomy of your jaw. This enables us to identify the ideal location for placing dental implants prior to performing the surgery. This also helps ensure that the procedure is performed with precision and accuracy, reducing risk of complications or negative outcomes.
Additionally, 3D digital imaging allows oral surgeons to plan an entire course of treatment ahead of time, allowing them to be better prepared for any unexpected issues that might arise during the surgery. Ultimately, this leads to higher quality results and an improved patient experience.
Costs of Dental Implants in Los Angeles
Generally, the cost of a single tooth implant can range from $1,100 to $3,500. A variety of factors such as the location of treatment, the complexity or severity of the case and the number of implants needed to be placed can significantly influence pricing. Fortunately, here at Los Angeles Oral Surgeons, we are offering affordable rates ranging from $950 to $3,000 with payment plan options available for those who need it.
Seeking out a local practice that offers competitive prices and payment plans can help make this life-changing procedure more accessible. By taking into account all aspects involved in achieving successful dental implants in Los Angeles – from initial evaluation to post-operative care – patients may be able to experience a more cost-effective solution. Be sure to take the time to have an open discussion with a surgeon regarding costs and payment plans prior to undergoing any implant treatment. Call us at (323) 612-1201 today.
Benefits of Dental Implants in Los Angeles
There are many benefits that come with dental implants, such as:
- Dental Implants provide a permanent way to replace missing teeth.
- They look and feel like your own natural teeth and help protect facial structures from bone loss due to dental issues.
- Dental implants can be used to anchor dental bridges, dentures or crowns for improved stability.
- Implants are resistant to decay, saving you time and money on dental care procedures.
- The placement of dental implants helps restore bite strength, eating comfort and speech clarity.
- Patients can enjoy a more youthful appearance with dental implants since they hold the facial structure in place, preventing it from sagging as much as traditional dental restoration options would.
- With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime, making them an attractive dental restoration solution for many patients.
- With dental implants, you can enjoy improved oral health and greater confidence in your smile.
Drawbacks of Dental Implants
In most cases, the benefits outweigh the drawbacks. However, there are few things you should be aware of, including:
- Sinus problems.
- Excruciating toothaches.
- Infections at the implants site.
- Nerve damage.
- Expensive procedures.
Our oral surgery center has successfully completed thousands of dental implants. With decades of professional experience, we are confident that we can help you with your surgical endeavors.