Wisdom Teeth extraction in Los Angeles can be a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. If wisdom teeth are causing discomfort or coming in at an awkward angle, they should be removed.
Our very own Board-Certified Oral Surgeon, Dr. Nariman Saadat, has decades of experience with dental extractions. Him and his skilled team can assist you with removing wisdom teeth that may be irritating you.
Table of Contents
Do I really need to extract my wisdom teeth?
Why Should I Have My Wisdom Teeth Pulled?
The wisdom teeth, or third molars, are the last of your adult teeth to emerge. Located at the back of your mouth, wisdom teeth tend to crowd other existing teeth. This can cause overcrowding in your mouth and eventually lead to numerous problems, including:
- Impacting other teeth: wisdom teeth can become impacted and push against other teeth, leading to overcrowding or misalignment of the rest of your teeth.
- Unhealthy wisdom teeth: wisdom teeth that are not kept clean can cause various dental issues including gum disease and cavities.
- Painful wisdom tooth eruptions: wisdom tooth eruption can be painful and uncomfortable, sometimes causing swelling around the jaw area.
- Cysts/tumors: wisdom teeth can contribute to the formation of cysts and tumors in the mouth.
- Impactions: wisdom tooth impaction can damage surrounding bones and nerves if left untreated.
- Jawbone erosion: wisdom tooth impaction can result in gradual erosion of the jawbone over time.
- Sinus/ear issues: wisdom tooth impaction can cause sinus and ear problems if not extracted in a timely manner.
- Infections: wisdom tooth impaction and poor hygiene can lead to infection in the mouth or other parts of the body if left untreated.
The Wisdom Teeth Removal Process
The wisdom teeth extraction process starts with X-Rays of the mouth to determine where the wisdom teeth lie and how much tissue needs to be removed during surgery. Our surgeon will then discuss the treatment options with you, including sedation for anxiety relief, local anesthetic for pain management, and general anesthesia if necessary.
Afterward, your wisdom tooth will be carefully extracted from the gum line using special tools, such as forceps and elevators. The wisdom tooth may need to be cut into pieces before being removed from the mouth. During the procedure, our oral surgeon will take care to avoid damaging other teeth or the nerve that runs from the wisdom tooth to other areas of your face.
Recovery time is different for everyone but typically ranges from 3-7 days. During this time, you may experience some discomfort such as swelling and minor bleeding, which can be managed with over-the-counter pain relievers and cold compresses.
It’s important to follow all post-operation instructions given by your surgeon, including eating soft foods and avoiding hard items like ice cream or apples until fully healed.
Wisdom teeth extraction in Los Angeles is a routine procedure. It’s important to find an experienced oral surgeon who is knowledgeable and qualified. For wisdom tooth removal that you can trust, contact us or call (323) 612-1201 today for more information.
By choosing us, you can rest assured that you will receive the highest quality care and expertise. Get your wisdom teeth removed quickly and safely with us today!